Gevrey-Chambertin has been a highly sought-after destination since the addition of the Climats de Bourgogne to the World Heritage of l’UNESCO. The « Climats » designate a mosaic of plots of vineyards with varied soils, which harbor a strong historical, cultural, and natural identity. This peculiarity of Burgundy, that does not exist anywhere else in the world, illustrates the alchemy that occurs between the wine, the people, and their terroir.
Culture & Visits,
- From 0 to 10 km –
• Visit and Tasting at the Domaine Drouhin-Laroze
We will be pleased to welcome you for a discovery of our cellars, our terroir, and a tasting. Reservations are imperative. Pricing upon request.
• The marvelous town of Gevrey-Chambertin
Land of the Grands Crus of Burgundy, the destination « Gevrey-Chambertin » is both chic and authentic. Between the vineyards and the villages, valleys and hillsides, plains and forests, enjoy a generous nature that throughout the seasons invites you to enjoy the art of living, discoveries, and new sensations!
• The Castle of Gevrey-ChambertinThe Castle of the town is a medieval fortified castle from the XIᵉ century which possesses a wine domain of 2,3 hectares in the municipality Gevrey-Chambertin. This building has been under renovation for almost 10 years, however the work is nearing completion, and so you can appreciate the magnificence of this building. Visits are not possible at the moment.
Deviating from your stroll at the foot of the castle, you can also admire the beauty of the St Aignon Church recently renovated and the pink color of its walls.
• The Famous Route des Grands Crus
The mythical Route des Grands Crus is an essential axis in the region. This small country road crosses the most prestigious hillsides and terroirs of the Côte d’Or, the picturesque winegrowing towns of the Côte de Nuits and the Côte de Beaune … This journey is a delight and allows a few gastronomic and wine stops!
• The Impressive Château du Clos VougeotLocated at the heart of the Vougeot, on the route des Grands Crus, the Château du Clos de Vougeot distinguishes itself with the majesty of its proportions. Property of the monks of Cîteaux until the Revolution, since 1944 it shelters the Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin, who hosts 16 “chapitres” per year and serves as an exceptional setting for prestigious parties with its vast cellar from the XIIe century and the Renaissance salons that can welcome up to 600 and up to 200 guests.
The Château du Clos de Vougeot is open from Monday to Sunday, 9h30 to 18h, without interruption. The open visits and guided visits are available every day. Wine Tourism Trophies - Grand Prix d’Or 2021 – Address : Rue de la Montagne – 21640 VOUGEOT - http://www.closdevougeot.fr – Telelphone.+ 33( 0)3 80 62 82 84
• The Abbaye de CîteauxIf the abbey, founded in 1098, cradle of the Cistercian order, experienced numerous transformations throughout the centuries, it kept its charm and still shelters a large community of Cistercian monks. The Abbaye de Cîteaux is also famous throughout the world for its cheese: le Cîteaux. This cow’s milk pressed cheese can be bought directly at the abbey’s store, for the great pleasure of Epicureans!
Route de Seurre - RD996 – 21700 SAINT-NICOLAS-LES-CITEAUX
http://www.citeaux-abbaye.com – Telephone. +33 (0)3 80 61 32 58
- From 10 to 25 km –
• The Dazzling town of DijonAn excellent cultural destination, Dijon is the capital of the great Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region. Crowned with the label “Ville d’art et d’histoire”, it proudly presents a sumptuous, preserved center, listed as a UNESCO world heritage site as part of the “Climats” of the Burgundy vineyards.
Dijon offers a completely pedestrian city-center. Half-timbered houses, Roman and Gothic churches and mansions from the 17th and 18th century outline the majestic medieval streets of the historic capital of the Dukes of Burgundy.
To see the architectural heritage of the city, choose a visit “Dijon Discovery” led by a guide from the tourist office. Or follow the owl that marks the cobblestone streets of the preserved sector. From the Place Darcy, it will take you to the original owl, perched on a buttress of the Notre-Dame church. Caress it with your left hand: the legend says that it will grant you a wish!
• Essentials :
The Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy,
The Museum of Fine Arts,Since 1799, it has occupied the eastern wing of the palace. Entirely renovated, it presents a collection of 1500 works of art spread amongst 50 rooms. It is listed as one of the richest French museums of province.
The International City of gastronomy and wineGastronomic capital and city of wine, Dijon is renowned for its culinary specialties: mustard, snails, blackcurrant cream, chocolate, and gingerbread…The International City of Gastronomy and Wine will dedicate a 1700m² exhibition to French gastronomy and wines of the world.
The Bustling city of Beaune,It is a splendid little town always lively, full of shops, bars, and restaurants. Its city center is a highly recommended stroll.
The grandiose Hospices de BeauneA medieval hospital foundation, the Hospices de Beaune is one of France’s most prestigious and most visited historical monuments. https://www.beaune-tourisme.fr/decouvrir/les-hospices-de-beaune
Sports and activities,
- Electric bike rental:
Delivered directly to Maison Laroze for half a day, a full day, or even a full stay.BURGUNDY BIKE offers bicycles with great autonomy for long rides through the vineyards and Burgundian domains.
Live the unique experience of discovering the « Climats » of Burgundy on the new Voie des Vignes linking Dijon to Beaune*
Do not hesitate to contact Burgundy Bike for more information or special requests at +33 (0)126.96.36.199.33 - https://www.burgundybike.com/
*Cycle Tourism circuits: all the routes on the site: http://www.bouger-nature-en-bourgogne.com/a-velo/les-circuits-cyclotourisme.
For the more adventurous, many mountain bike trails are marked in the forest of “Petits Sapins” next to the town and in the mystical and grandiose Combe Lavaux which is in the immediate vicinity.
- The Curley Leisure Park – Arc Evasion
This park of almost 30 000 m², nestled in the heart of the forest welcomes you all year round. We particularly recommend the tree climbing courses – 20 secure courses of differing levels from children’s beginners (3 years old minimum) to courses designed for experienced athletes.
Address: RD116 – 21220 CURLEY - http://www.parcloisirscurley.com http://ctrweb.fr/arcevasion.php
In the Summer, feel the adrenaline and chill at TNCO - Téléski Nautique Côte-d’OrCome and try the 739m, 5 pulley water ski lift, with its middle island and plant path, it will allow you to live a unique experience. Homemade and relaxed food options available on site. Holiday atmosphere guaranteed!
New in 2020: children’s space with a trampoline and mini golf! Free entry to the site. Large parking.
Base de loisirs de Saule Guillaume - RD109G – 21700 PREMEAUX-PRISSEY - http://www.teleskinautiquecotedor.com
GolfNotice for Golfeurs: Get ready… hit the road for some great golf courses!
3 sublime courses are waiting for you:
o The Golf de Chailly - https://www.chailly.com/fr
o The Golf de Norges, Dijon Nord - https://www.golf-dijon.fr/
o The Golf de Levernois, Beaune - http://www.golfdebeaune.com/
- Ride the skies in a hot air ballon - Air Détente Montgolfière. A magical moment with unforgettable sensations above divine landscapes. Telephone: + 33 (0)188.8.131.52.42 - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Evening « Chapitres » Parties by the Confrérie des Chevaliers du TastevinThousands of personalities from all over the world and from all horizons have participated in the “chapitres” of the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin held at the Château du Clos du Vougeot, discovering through Burgundian good humor the deep sense of these ceremonies that always strive towards the same goal: to make the region of Burgundy and Burgundy wines better known through cheerfulness and optimism.
Each season, several Chapitres are celebrated: The Spring Chapitre, The Summer Chapitre, The Fall Chapitre, as well as the Equinox Chapitre, the Rose Chapitre, the Saint-Vincent Chapitre, the Saint-Hubert Chapitre, to name a few. They welcome the most illustrious celebrities and the Chevaliers du Tastevin who carry the soul of Burgundy. Please note that you must be sponsored to attend.
Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin - 2 rue de Chaux, 21700 Nuits-Saint-Georges - Telephone : +33 3 80 61 07 12 - https://www.tastevin-bourgogne.com/fr/chapitres
- The wine auction of the Vente des Vins aux Hospices de Beaune takes place the 3rd Sunday of November in 2022. Professionnals, connoisseurs, and lovers of wine get together for three days of parties and tastings, in the true Burgundian tradition.
- The Saint Vincent Tournante Festival
This traditional wine festival brings together thousands of wine lovers in a different village each year, to celebrate their wine. 2023 : Celebration of the Village of Couchey !
For Epicureans …
- Weekly Markets :
The Market in Gevrey-Chambertin - This is a convivial and animated market every Sunday morning from 8h to 13h – Place des Marronniers.
The Market and Flea Market in Beaune - A large market with local and artisanal products, every Saturday morning in the city center, Place des Hospices de Beaune
The Market and Flea Market in Dijon - It takes place inside the Halles of Dijon and in the adjacent streets on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday.
- La Ferme Fruirouge à Concoeur :Organic Cultivation of red berries that are transformed at the farm and sold as jams, drinks, and condiments. Organic farmers, Isabelle and Sylvain OLIVIER and their oldest son, Camille, welcome you to the farm all year long, during the week or weekends, from Thursday to Monday from 9h to 12h and from 14h to 19h. Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
2, place de l’Eglise - Hameau de Concœur - 21700 Nuits-Saint-Georges - Telephone : +33 (0)3 80 62 36 25
Email : email@example.com - www.fruirouge.fr
- Traditional Cheese Factories :The Delin Cheese Factory located in Gilly-lès-Cîteaux, has been making regional Bourgogne-Franche-Comté cheese for more than 50 years, and offers a wide range of cheeses: refined, fresh, yogurts, and cream cheeses.
The Gaugry Cheese Factory located in Brochon, specializes in creating soft cow milk cheeses with a washed rind. Epoisses, Ami du Chambertin, Soumaintrain, and a few others are essential for making a legendary and traditional Burgundian cheese platter. Their cheeses are made in the utmost respect of the traditional production rules, in order to offer authenticity and top of the range quality. https://gaugryfromager.fr/
Rest and relaxation at the foot of the vineyards,A Superb Spa at the Richebourg located in the heart of Vosne-Romanée – Its top-quality infrastructure and service invite you to experience ultimate rest and relaxation. To be noted, evening hours every Thursday, from 17h à 22h.
Our « Privileged » Restaurants,
Our favorites are often full, remember to make a reservation!
- Rotisserie du Chambertin
At the end of the street, La Rôtisserie du Chambertin, an elegant establishment that always privileges a simple and warm welcome. This Hotel-Restaurant can welcome you in two distinct settings: The Bistrot Lucien, simple and flavorful cuisine & The Table d’Hôtes, 1 * from the Michelin Guide, unique menu, always perfectly mastered, and with a continued passion to highlight products from the local terroir. It’s up to you to choose, or to savor both! Gevrey-Chambertin - https://www.rotisserie-chambertin.com/
- Castel de Très Girard
Le Castel de Très Girard creates a generous and refined bistronomic cuisine, a vast wine list with carefully selected bottles – unrivaled in the area !! – and a guaranteed ambiance at the bar on certain evenings. ‘Good value for money’. Large, shaded terrace during the summer months. Morey-St-Denis, https://www.castel-tres-girard.com/fr/
- Le Millésime,
A discreet establishment that serves a flavorful and original cuisine! Each plate is a discovery of flavors, textures, and aromas. Through his creations, the Chef displays his high standards and precision, which wins us over every time! Beautiful gastronomic cuisine, exhilarating and detailed, it is worth the detour! Chambolle- Musigny - https://www.restaurant-le-millesime.com/fr/